1) Install recommended software:
sudo apt-get install pulseaudio pulseaudio-module-bluetooth bluez-audio pavucontrol bluez-firmware bluez-tools blueman
2) Add the below line to the [General] section of /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf:
3) Ensure module-bluetooth-discover is loaded (can't hurt):
pactl load-module module-bluetooth-discover
Note: you can also disable unloading the module-bluetooth-discover this patch.
4) Restart all affected services to take the new configuration into account:
sudo service bluetooth restart; sudo killall pulseaudio
5) Pair your A2DP bluetooth headset and add the trust attribute. You can do this in the graphical manager, blueman-manager. 6) Activate the bluetooth audio sink in a graphical manager (blueman-manager) or on the command line:
bt-audio -c 0C:E0:E4:49:8D:FD
7) Now, in your favorite volume manager, pavucontrol, you can redirect any audio stream to your bluetooth stereo headphones. Enjoy!